Also known as Filipino Chicken Rice Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs Chicken (The traditional Filipino dish uses thighs. I prefer to use chicken breast meat without the skin)
- 3 pieces of ginger, sliced
- 4 scallions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (can use salt as substitute)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Black pepper
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- Add olive oil, ginger, onions and minced garlic to a pot on medium head. Sautee for about 5 minutes, until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add the chicken, Himalayan salt and the black pepper to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and rice to the pot. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. The chicken should be fully cooked and the rice should have expanded.
- Serve in a bowl. Top with scallions, fish sauce, calamansi and roasted garlic to taste.
Please follow and like us: